Friday, November 4, 2011

Another Ottobre success

I just finished a blouse from the same Ottobre 4/2004 issue as the skirts. It's made out of approximately 3/4 yard white linen remnant from stash. I have experience with this particular pattern from a couple of years ago, a project that was never fully completed. I loved the design details and came out victorious on this second go around.

I will work on a proper Pattern Review post this weekend. I am very happy to be finished with the shirt and wanted to post it here. Construction techniques included gathered sleeves, pin tucks, and applying bias binding to the keyholes. I think an advanced beginner who likes to be challenged can make this if they took their time. 

This blouse will go beautifully with the two skirts. It needs a quick run through the washing machine to get rid of the Chacoliner markings but it's finished! Wheee! Now I have to start sewing some items for the 2 year old nephew.


  1. I just adore this blouse...I've made it many times. Yours is sweet!

  2. Thanks for your kind words! The linen I used feels lovely, I hope our niece will like it!

  3. Very pretty :) I never knew you were so talented at sewing!

    The only things I've ever sewn are clothes for my barbie dolls when I was a kid. And they didn't even fit half the time. BLEH.